Mainboard suggestions?

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Tue Sep 21 19:24:42 PDT 2004

Hi,

John Wilson wrote:

> Trying to choose an AMD64 mainboard has, literally, been a virtual
> nightmare.  All of my previous home built machines have always centered
> on Intel CPU's and Intel brand mainboards.  For whatever reasons, I've
> always been wary of other manufacturers.

My last Intel CPU was a Pentium 166. You will face a very simple
problem. The Non-Intel people use once in a while a different lingo to
express things. There are no real technical issues with the other CPUs.
Just minor things which also happen with Intel CPUs. Sometimes you will
notice that the defaults are in favour of Intel.

Have fun with your new board.

Erich