linux base for amd64 must be Slackware?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Sep 6 12:10:43 PDT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:26:58 -0500
"Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads at cox.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:13:12 +0200
> Manuel Stühn <freebsdnewbie at freenet.de> wrote:
>
> > Am Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:58:23 -0700
> > schrieb "David O'Brien" <obrien at freebsd.org>:

> > > It probably doesn't work yet.  It would be great if someone could
> > > give it a try and polish it off.
> >
> > I've installed the linux_base by adding "-noscripts" at the
> > RPMFLAGS-Section of the Makefile. I don't know whether it's a hack
> > or not, but until now it works for me.
>
> Cool!  It worked!  (By the way, that's "--noscripts", with two
> hyphens).:-)
>
> I just did a "chroot /compat/linux /bin/bash" and it appears to be
> working fine.
>
> Thanks!

One footnote: to get acroread to run, I first had to edit
/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf and add:

/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib

Then chroot as above and run "ldconfig".  Otherwise, acroread complained
that it couldn't find libXt.so.6.

Once I had done the above procedure, it worked fine.  Very nice!

Great work, folks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"