Newbie question

bram brampie at no-wackos.com
Mon Sep 6 05:52:01 PDT 2004

Hi

Thank you very much for yur clear advice but:

Isn't there a workaround for this, I am a experienced mac user and have
two G5 machines
these work on the PPC950 wich is 64bit, on this machine you can mix
32bit with 64 bit indicating that this would be possible.

I would still prefer to use the 64bit version, so maybe you know wether
MySQL is a good option (on AMD64)
I've also read that POSTGRESQL is 64 runable but I am new to all this
so I am open for suggestions.

Also I would like to install a filesharing protocol on it. Since
netatalk doesn't seems to work on AMD64 (I think)
What would be another good option for both inter- and intranet
preferably not nfs or Samba.

I would appreciate if you could answer these questions and give me some
advice.

bram

Op 6-sep-04 om 10:54 heeft Erich Dollansky het volgende geschreven: