FreeBSD 5.3 problem on Dual AMD64 2.2GHz with 8GB RAM

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Tue Oct 26 20:12:56 PDT 2004

At 11:45 AM 10/27/2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 09:52:58AM +0900, Ganbold wrote:
> > I still have problem running FreeBSD 5.3 with 8GB RAM on Dual amd64 2.2GHz
> > (IBM @server 325, ServeRAID 6M) with 8GB RAM.
> >
> > I did cvsup and updated (made world, kernel) to latest using RELENG_5_3
> tag.
> > It was working ok with 4 GB RAM. Afterwards I added another 4GB RAM and
> > tried to boot FreeBSD
> > with 8GB RAM. However it showed various errors and login didn't work. You
> > can see serial console messages
> > at the end of my email.
>
>An IBM e325 has only 6 DIMM slots, specifically what RAM configuration
>are you using?  Do you have ECC turned on?  Are using DRAM scrubbing?
>What is your BIOS memory interleaving settings?

I have 2GB x 4 = 8GB RAM and ECC is turned on and I have following settings
in BIOS:

4GB Memory Hole adjust  -> AUTO
DRAM Bank interleave            -> AUTO
Node memory interleave  -> Disabled
ACPI SRAT table         -> Disabled
HPET Timer                      -> Enabled
ECC                             -> Enabled
DRAM ECC                        -> Enabled
ECC Scrub Redirection           -> Disabled
Chip-Kill                       -> Enabled
DCACHE ECC Scrub CTL    -> Disabled
L2 ECC Scrub CTL                -> Disabled
Dram ECC Scrub CTL              -> Disabled

Is there anything wrong in BIOS settings?

> > Configuring syscons: font8x16 font8x8 blanktime
> > screensavermodule_register_init: MOD_LOAD (logo_saver,
> 0xffffffffb63c1430, 0) error 19
> > Oct 26 14:15:11 amd kernel: logo_saver: the console does not support
> M_VGA_CG320
>
>AMD64 does not support VESA video modes.  So you cannot use 'saver="logo"'
>in /etc/rc.conf.

Ok, I got it.

Ganbold