Matrox G550

James Earl james at icionline.ca
Tue Nov 30 18:40:16 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 11:48 +0100, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> James Earl writes:
> > DRI isn't extremely important to me.  Getting a working mga_hal_drv.o is
> > much more important however... otherwise I can't use the DVI output on
> > the graphics card.  I realize now, that's not really a FreeBSD amd64
> > problem though.
> >

> Yes, that's a problem. I was forced to give up my G550 because MATROX
> didn't have any 64-bit drivers at that time. The situation may have
> changed since then, it was several months ago.

It doesn't seem to look anymore promising at this time either.  There
doesn't seem to be any added hope expressed by the tech support staff's
posts on the Matrox support forums.

Luckily returning my card was fairly painless.  Now I just have to wait
a couple days to receive my ATI Radeon 9250.  It ships out tomorrow, so
if there's any last words of advice/general info... please speak
now!  :)

James