Matrox G550

James Earl james at icionline.ca
Mon Nov 29 16:20:11 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 18:44 -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 November 2004 09:17 am, James Earl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just recently setup an Athlon 64 system.  I'm using an Asus A8V
> > Deluxe (rev 2.0) motherboard, and a Matrox G550 video card.  I got
> > the video card working under FreeBSD i386, but I'm having issues
> > under FreeBSD amd64.
> >
> > I read a previous post that makes me believe the drivers won't work
> > on an amd64 system.  However, one additional difference I noticed
> > between booting up FreeBSD amd64 vs. FreeBSD i386, is that my agp
> > device doesn't show up under FreeBSD amd64 (even after adding
> > 'device agp' under FreeBSD amd64 kernel).
>
> I don't know about G550 but agp driver doesn't really matter if you
> don't want DRI, i. e., 3D acceleration.
>
> > Does agp work under FreeBSD amd64?
>
> Can you try the following patch?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/pci/agp_amd64.c.diff?r1=1.2&r2=1.3

Thanks!  That patch worked.  A .rej file was created... I'm not sure if
that's important or not?  I can provide the contents if you need them.

DRI isn't extremely important to me.  Getting a working mga_hal_drv.o is
much more important however... otherwise I can't use the DVI output on
the graphics card.  I realize now, that's not really a FreeBSD amd64
problem though.