acroread on the amd64

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Wed Nov 24 11:30:56 PST 2004

I noticed that acroread is marked as being only for the i386 ... I have a
question about that ... I'm a little new at running the amd64, but I
thought that it was compatible (if it had the 32 bit libraries installed
to support it) with i386, so I would have expected my amd64 machine to be
ablel to run acroread with little trouble.  The port being marked
as"ONLY_FOR_ARCHS", well, I considered, *possibly*, that the port author
hadn't had the testing capability, and maybe it did too work on the amd64.

Anyone have more detailed info about that?  Notice, I didn't mail to
freeBSD-ports, I don't know how strict our mailing list filters are, I
thought they'd probably kick me out if I tried to cross-post.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).