Too many mbufs

Jeff Behl jbehl at fastclick.com
Fri Nov 19 14:12:10 PST 2004

you people you!

FreeBSD www1.cdn.sjc 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #1: Mon Nov  8
20:25:59 PST 2004     root at www1.cdn.sjc:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  amd64

IBM e325 dual proc 4GB ram -
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/opteron/325/more_info.html

msi-9145 mainboard

i HAVE seen it, along with top/iostat no longer reporting any cpu
activity (everything is 0%, activity and idle) a couple of times.  this
was on a system that was under pretty heavy load, and had been cvsup'd
from a BETA release to current (all correct make/mergemaster commands
followed).  after a reboot, both issues go away.

jeff