/lib32 or /lib/i386?

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sun May 30 17:04:31 PDT 2004

I've read some older threads that discussed the i386 compatability.
Changes to are in place for using /libexec/ld-elf32.so.1 and mods to
rtld-elf exist to support 32-bit libraries.  Only, I see that the
suggestions to use /lib/i386 and /usr/lib/i386 have not been
incorporated.  They are still /lib32 and /usr/lib32.

What is the final decision on this?  I am looking to go beyond bleeding
edge here and don't want to end up doing things that are not the
approved way.

Sean