32-bit compatibility

freebsd-amd64 at davehart.net freebsd-amd64 at davehart.net
Wed May 26 16:37:33 PDT 2004

Brooks Davis said:
> That's not possible.  The ABI of the module (a dynamic
> library) and the web server are not the same so the module
> can't be loaded (linked).

It should be possible, if you're willing to maintain an i386 binary
environment for apache and its modules?  I do not know if that would be
easier to do on the same amd64 machine, or on a separate i386 freebsd box,
but it seems within the realm of possibility given amd64 freebsd's ability
to run i386 freebsd binaries.

Dave Hart