Why is MySQL nearly twice as fast on Linux/AMD64 Vs.FreeBSD/AMD64?

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Fri May 21 09:58:50 PDT 2004

As the benchmark is still looking network dependent 0 -> 6ms RR times
I'd try the bge tweak Andrew suggested:
<quote>
Without adding an interface, I'd just suggest doing something
like changing sc->bge_rx_max_coal_bds from 64 to 1 around like 2350 of
dev/bge/if_bge.c, rebuilding the driver, and seeing what changes.  I'm
betting that will turn off recv interrupt coalescing and reduce your
latency some.
</quote>
It may be the source of your issue.

Also compare local to local and see how that shapes up, as it will
give an indication of where any issue lies i.e. threading / process
or network.

    Steve / K