Why is MySQL nearly twice as fast on Linux/AMD64 Vs. FreeBSD/AMD64?

JG amd64list at jpgsworld.com
Thu May 20 14:01:25 PDT 2004

>and this are the results of mybench:
>Generating 500000 records...
>Creation of 500000 records took 50 seconds.
>Average of 10000 records per second.
>Creating records for 10 seconds...
>Created 94526 records in 10 seconds.
>Average of 9452.6 records per second.
>Creating random 50000 md5 hash records.
>Creation of 50000 random md5 hash inserts took 6 seconds.
>Average of 8333.33333333 records per second.
>Creating random md5 hash records for 10 seconds...
>Created 77027 random records in 10 seconds.
>Average of 7702.7 records per second.
>Your databases overall average score is 8872.15833333 records per
>second.

I'd guess that you're running MyBench on the same machine that MySQL is on?

All of my benchmarks have been ran from a separate server on the LAN connecting
to the MySQL server.

Mike got an overall average score of 12,000+ testing it locally.

Test from another box on the LAN and let me know how it goes ;)

- Jeremy