Why is MySQL nearly twice as fast on Linux/AMD64 Vs. FreeBSD/AMD64?

JG amd64list at jpgsworld.com
Tue May 18 17:32:48 PDT 2004

At 02:25 AM 5/19/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Dienstag, 18. Mai 2004 19:36 JG wrote:
> > TESTING HARDWARE:
> >
> > Dual AMD Opteron 240's (1.4ghz)
> > Tyan S2882UGNR server-class motherboard w/LSI Zero channel Raid
>
>Interesting - can I get a dmesg+mptable-output to add it to
>my list[1]?
>This mainboard isn't listed at the moment, and I want to change this,
>if I get the informations.

Sorry, I made a typo there.

Another person I am talking to has the S2882 (not sure if he has SCSI or not)
but afaik, the SCSI option on the S2882 is an Adaptec chipset.

Mine is the S2880UGNR which has the LSI SCSI chipset & allows you to expand
it to raid with the LSI Megaraid 320-0 zero channel raid card.