NFS or ATA driver causes FS corruption?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun May 9 09:30:12 PDT 2004

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> On Saturday 08 May 2004 20:25, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> > >
> > > The above means that *something* is stomping on the taskqueue that
> > > should take care of returning finished requests to the system (they are
>
> I see this (timeouts fired) as well on my Asus K8V with a single S-ATA disk;
> it happens only when the machine is ridiculously loaded (like feeding a
> 5500-message mbox file into sa-learn while doing two different make -j6
> compiles and also cvsupping the FBSD tree along with another 2G source repo).
> Haven't noticed any averse effects, though - the machine chokes for 30
> seconds or so and then carries on.

I have to hard reset the machine here :(

I can reproduce it with not too much IO. copying sources; make
buildworld, ...

I tried to do everything mentioned in the errata for 5.2(.1) but
nothing helped. It also happened with DMA disbaled (an d I thing it
logged PIO errors at that time).

I am now going to build a world from NFS src to NFS obj to not
have ATA traffic and to slow down things so this will not happen
(hopefully).
[ obj dir could be oon the same machine I suspect but the installworld
will then most likely make the machine go berserk again ].

Are you running Release or HEAD ?

If this isn't fix in HEAD yet I am very interested in every
patches/things to try to fix this. The machine in question should
become my new in house server and I do not like another IO problem
once I night when backup is running...

--
Greetings

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/