amd64 and mod_php4

markus at schanovsky.at markus at schanovsky.at
Thu Mar 25 04:44:12 PST 2004

Hello!
I have a big problem compiling mod_php4 for use with apache 2 on my new
FreeBSD-amd64.
If I include to make with mssql-support (and I need this support, this is
the reason for this machine!) compiling stops with the following message:

=========
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libsybdb.a(dblib.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libsybdb.a(dblib.o): could not read symbols: Bad value
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/work/php-4.3.4.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.