[freebsd-amd64] RE: [freebsd-amd64] Re: [freebsd-amd64] Possible 3ware 8506-12SATA Controller issues...

Peter Losher Peter_Losher at isc.org
Wed Jun 23 02:46:26 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 07:19 pm, Vinod Kashyap wrote:

> > Are you telling me that the GENERIC twa should work fine for the 9500
> > series of 3ware controllers? Careful, apparently this
> > controller is only a
> > month old.
>
> I am telling you it should "build" fine since I haven't heard of build
> problems during the nightly builds of the FreeBSD cvs repository.

To clear up some (percieved) confusion here:

What I am trying to do is take the twe driver that is in -CURRENT and compile
it inside of a 5.2.1 kernel.  The twe driver as it stands now in -CURRENT may
require other bits that are -CURRENT specific and may not be easily
back-portable to 5.2.1-RELEASE (which is what this amd64 system runs), which
is what I was asking when I posted my errors to the list.

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter_Losher at isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"