[freebsd-amd64] Re: [freebsd-amd64] Possible 3ware 8506-12SATA Controller issues...

mike mike at mike2k.com
Wed Jun 23 02:39:25 GMT 2004

According to 3ware this is a dangerous setup =)

I was able to get it to recognize the 8506 as a 7xxx, but he said it
wasn't guaranteed to work at all. Also I liked using the 3dm and cli tools
so I could schedule the integrity and media checks and such.

However, I didn't spend $4500-5000 to have a half-ass compatible box.

There was the software compatibility issue as well as the
motherboard/riser card possibility as well.

Hoever, I was told going the 9500 route, they'd support it; and I wanted
to be doing the right thing here.