Astrid amd64 at snake.de
Tue Jun 22 10:09:56 GMT 2004

Greetings, ye amd64 developer gurus!

This humble admin hath a question:

I searched the ml archives and read that at long last the
amd64 fbsd kernel module loader is starting to work... even
if there still were dragons as of May 17th.

What is the present staus, please?

I really need to get the vinum volume manager up and running,
especially as raidframe under fbsd more or less is dead...

... could not statically compile vinum support (yes, I know that is
not recommended) into an amd64 5.2.1 kernel...

Vinum as a kernel module would of course be preferable -  is there
any prerelease I could try out?

Pointers and input would be greatly appreciated.

A.Jekat
ISP Service AG
Munich, Germany