Preliminary support for running 32-bit Linux binaries

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sat Jun 19 08:06:27 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 00:35, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:32:44PM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> > I then installed Acrobat and realplayer8 from
> > ports (only required tiny patches to the makefile) as well as
>
> What were the patches?  We should get them committed so others can use
> these apps on their AMD64 machines. :-)

I too would like to see these patches committed, but should we wait
until Tim feels comfortable doing it or should it go in ASAP so we can
all start playing with it.  By the way, I applied the patch and
attempted to install linux_base from the ports as

make MACHINE_ARCH=i386 install

Alas, there is something off in the install:

===>  Installing for linux_base-7.1_7
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if emulators/linux_base already installed
kern.fallback_elf_brand: 1 -> 3
glibc-common-2.2.4-33.i386.rpm
glibc-2.2.4-33.i386.rpm
ELF binary type "0" not known.
execution of glibc-2.2.4-33 script failed, exit status 255