All my amd64 problems appear to be KSE

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Sat Jun 5 16:13:19 GMT 2004

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Sean McNeil wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 07:22, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> > > This is a completely rebuilt machine from a working i386 install that
> > > has tracked -current forever.  There is absolutely nothing that is
> > > compiled and pointing to libc_r.
> >
> > Sorry, unless you have tried using libmap to map libc_r to
> > libpthread, I don't trust that.
>
> I would have to say that is extremely myopic of you.  Regardless of
> whether you trust me or not, it doesn't change what I have reported.
> kse is broken in some respect on amd64.

What I ask is very reasonable.  You've already used libmap.conf
to map libpthread.* to libc_r.  Is it that hard for you to edit
the file and try it the other way around?  If you want help, you
should be willing to answer very simple questions such as that.

Is this Gnome-specific?  Has anyone been using KDE successfully?

--
Dan Eischen