Why is MySQL nearly twice as fast on Linux/AMD64Vs.FreeBSD/AMD64? (fwd)

Justin Hopper jhopper at bsdhosting.net
Thu Jun 3 18:12:59 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 11:32, mike wrote:
> out of the box debian blows the hell out of the freebsd setup in most
> tests - all running through the local file socket (not over the network)
> and compiled the same way.
>
> there is definately a problem here with threading/etc.

Has this discussion moved to threads@?  I too am preparing to roll out a
production dual Opteron box running MySQL in the next month, and it
needs to withstand a severe beating.  I can't (or just don't want to
take the time to port over my fbsd code to) Linux, so I'm really hoping
this threading issue will be resolved soon.

--
Justin Hopper  <jhopper at bsdhosting.net>
UNIX Systems Engineer