Bad links with *.a libs for shared objects and bad patch

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Wed Jun 2 02:33:25 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 04:12, Sean McNeil wrote:
> What I ended up doing to get these to build was add the following to my
> /etc/make.conf temporarily to build them:
>
> CFLAGS= -O -pipe -fPIC

Just so long as you always always remember to take them out of make.conf
afterwards, lest you be labeled a moron (like I was when I forgot 'em, and
couldn't build world afterwards). Setting CFLAGS on the make command line or
in the environment may have the same effect, and be safer.

--
   "On top of that [watching KDE CVS] is interesting in a perverse
    way, like watching sausage get made. By very smart people." - dkite