Is 5.2.1-R-amd64 a reasonable (viable) platform?

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Sat Jul 24 11:41:29 PDT 2004

The KDE-FreeBSD team is gearing up for more packaging runs, and we're
wondering what to build them for for amd64. Kris K does -CURRENT packages,
so we don't need to worry about them. For i386, we do 4.10-R, 4-STABLE,
and 5.2.1-R as well, just to serve as many folks as possible. Which
releases are viable for amd64? 4-X is out; 5.2.1-R is left as a candidate,
but is it possible that there might be folks actually running that
somewhere? I doubt it, since the lack of cvsup and - february it was - I
guess the stack and redzone mess there was then _seem_ to make it a
less-than-viable platform. What do you think?

(More to the point, if you're running 5.2.1-R and not -CURRENT on amd64,
would you want new KDE packages?)