Linux emu

Tim Robbins tjr at freebsd.org
Fri Jul 23 08:01:07 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:21:32PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please CC me, I'm not subscribed.
>
> How far is our linux emu on amd64? Is it a only linux_base issue or are
> the kernel bits not ready yet?
>
> I'm asking because Intel released icc v8 for EM64T and I would try to
> have a look at it if our linux support on amd64 is good enough.

The kernel bits are mostly ready, but I've held off committing any major
changes to the kernel until the current stability problems are fixed.

The patch & more information is available at:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~tjr/linux32.html
... but unfortunately the patch doesn't apply to recent source trees
without a little manual merge-work. I'll try to make an updated version
available some time this weekend.

Tim