sk0 problems on an Asus K8VSE Delux

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Mon Jul 5 11:59:58 PDT 2004

[Snipped a lot of quoted text - c'mon guys, cut the stuff you're not
responding directly to. There's searchable archives for folks drop in
late and want the whole story.]

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Lawrence Farr wrote:
> > I am also having issues with sk on an Asus K8V, with current bios. The
> > network stops when exposed to heavier traffic. Bringing the
> > interface down
> > and up again temoporarily solves the problem. I had to put in
> > an external
> > card, which works fine. This is on:

I'm tracking this down as well, just having trouble being sufficiently
organized wrt. which kernel versions have the problem. Typically,
downloading gobs of stuff isn't a problem. Streaming audio _from_ the
machine will lock up the sk0 interface after about 10 minutes. Currently
running

FreeBSD beans.ebn.kun.nl 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Thu Jul 1
14:33:17 CEST 2004
root at beans.ebn.kun.nl:/mnt/build/obj/mnt/sys/CURRENT/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

> Just to further confuse matters, I have an SK8V board with onboard sk0
> that doesn't show these problems. This might be a red herring, but with
> sk built into the kernel, it would lose connectivity almost immediately
> when doing a cvsup, with sk as a module, it lasts about 30 seconds.

Er, which herring? Do you mean you _also_ have a board without the
problem, and one which shows the symptoms in the last sentence?

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE