sk0 problems on an Asus K8VSE Delux

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Thu Jul 1 11:38:54 PDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Lawrence Farr wrote:

> I have problems with my sk0 on an Asus K8V SE Deluxe board:
>
> It's built in to the board.
> Running 5.2.1, or CURRENT from today, the interface stops if you
> use CVSUP or NFS after a few seconds. If you ifconfig down it a
> few times, then bring it back up, it will be working again for a
> few seconds.
> Anyone got any ideas where to start looking? ACPI and APIC enabled
> or disabled makes no difference. I've also put the newest BIOS
> available on. Switch on the other end is a Summit Extreme 48.

try getting a current onto the machine - this will improve the
situation that sk will not lose connectivity; there are still some
issues:

- a LOR caused by locking in attach routine.

- DHCP doesn't work on startup here; the sk takes to long to come
  up; actually the machine ist up; I can login with a keyboard and
  about at this point the sk comes up; this might be an issue with
  the locking in the attach case; I think someone started to work
  on this but I cannot remember who and if he finished.

HTH