Migrating i386 to amd64

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Fri Dec 31 00:45:14 PST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Ade Lovett wrote:
> 1.  Back up your data
> 2.  Insert native amd64 miniinst cdrom
>    [a new 6-current snap has *just* gone up, so now's a great time]
> 3.  boot, follow prompts.
>
> Having done both this option, and the heavily convoluted i386->amd64 option
> (mainly just for the bragging rights :) trust me when I say thaat steps 1-3
> above are going to be considerably quicker, easier, more painless, etc. than
> anything else.

Thanks! Will do.

Do my old i386 ports (like X etc) work under amd64?

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com