fwohci init on 5.3-RELEASE blowing up

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Mon Dec 20 07:27:09 PST 2004

Good morning folks, I am having trouble here and hope that you can help.
I just got a new machine here, and it is giving me fits with FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE (amd64 ISO).  I am saying that this is a fwohci issue based
on the following thread on the dfly list:

also noted in this thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-November/thread.html#42637

My question:  Is there a way to disable firewire at the loader prompt so
that I can get FreeBSD installed and cvsup to a point where this is
fixed?  If not, perhaps my only choice is to find a amd64 snapshot since
I cannot disable firewire in the BIOS.

Other suggestions welcome, thanks.

--
Michael W. Oliver
[see complete headers for contact information]