SMP support and Tyan S288X boards

Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra ketrien at error404.nls.net
Mon Dec 13 10:52:17 PST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Chris Dillon wrote:

> The only thing I did to the custom kernel was add SMP and remove all of the
> drivers for unused stuff, including lots of ISA drivers (but not the ISA bus
> driver, we still need that).  Are there really AMD64 boards out there with
> ISA slots?

I expect them at some point. But I'm an old hand with IPCs. ;)

As far as boards that you put in a regular ATX case, no. However, they still
have an ISA bus wedged in there for attaching SMBus, I2C, and hardware
watchdogs.

Also saw someone mention having to move a MegaRAID on an S4882; that's
because PCIXB-2 (bottom slot) is for ZCR, and actually hard-routed in BIOS
to the mpt(4). Out of curiosity, does the TX46 say 'DDR 400MHz Memmory' too?

-Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra