[TEST] Updated port net/nvnet

Ruslan Ermilov ru at freebsd.org
Tue Dec 7 10:45:52 PST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:49:31PM +0300, Michael Lednev wrote:
> Hello, Ruslan.
>
> 7 Dec 2004 ?., 18:32:57:
>
> RE> With this patch,
>
> RE> http://people.freebsd.org/~ru/patches/port_net_nvnet.patch
>
> RE> I'd be grateful if someone could test this update on i386.
>
> no luck on nforce3-250gb:
>
> root at reaper:~# kldload if_nv
> agp0: <NVIDIA Generic AGP Controller> mem 0xc0000000-0xcfffffff at
> device 0.0 on pci0
> agp0: Unable to find NVIDIA Memory Controller 1.
> device_attach: agp0 attach returned 19
>
> i assume that none of my devices were recognized as nforce nic, after
> applying Masahiko KIMOTO's october patch the device was recognized as
> MCP7 with cicada chip, but after ifconfig i've got kernel page fault
> :)

This has nothing to do with AGP.  Also, at least on AMD64,
kldloading this and some other modules doesn't work -- you
need to pre-load it from loader(8).  Add this line to
/boot/loader.conf:

	if_nv_load="YES"

If you still don't have it running after this, send me the
output of "pciconf -lv" off the list.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov