network card

James Earl james at icionline.ca
Mon Dec 6 14:09:50 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 09:25 -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> Can you update to RELENG_5 and try again?  There was a MAJOR bug fixed
> after 5.3 (diff attached).

I've patched to 1.83.2.3, as well as the latest if_sk.c, and if_skreg.h
in CVS but am still having problems with the sk device.

It seems I only have problems when trying to obtain a dhcp lease.  I am
usually able to kill dhclient, bring down and back up sk0, and then try
obtaining a dhcp lease again.  This usually works, but sometimes it
doesn't and I have to try for up to 30 minutes (rebooting, etc) to
obtain a lease.

I'm running an Asus A8V Deluxe (rev 2.0).

James