anybody try a Newisys box?

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 30 11:16:25 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:33:25AM +0100, alan barrow wrote:
> As far as I understand newisys make board level changes to add specific
> functionality to the system.  But the system is based on a tyan 2882
> mobo, with the IPMI card.

VERY wrong.  Newisys machines are from the ground up designed systems.
In fact the Newisys Khepri 2100 was the first non-AMD AMD64 machine --
even before Taiwan, Inc. had mobos.  The Newisys machines are the most
advanced AMD64 systems in existance, except for the later
released HP DL585.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)