amd64/67745: boot fails on compaq presario r3000z

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Sat Aug 7 08:30:23 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR amd64/67745; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Long <scottl at samsco.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, newntrbr at ucla.edu
Subject: Re: amd64/67745: boot fails on compaq presario r3000z
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 09:27:18 -0600

 I'd like to get this fixed for 5.3 but I also don't feel comfortable
 with completely turning off the keyboard and aux port tests.  Can
 someone experiment to see if both test_kbd_port() and test_aux_port()
 need to be disabled?  Also, both functions are called from several
 places; it would be useful to find out if they can actually be called
 from certain places but not others.

 Scott