mem.c: mem_range_softc undefined reference

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Thu Aug 5 20:32:43 PDT 2004

On 06-Aug-2004 Sean McNeil wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 20:02, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
>> >
>> > markm just committed a fix for this.
>>
>> I don't think so.  Where do you see this?  I'm still getting:
>>
>> linking kernel
>> amd64_mem.o(.text+0xc1c): In function `amd64_mem_drvinit':
>> : undefined reference to `mem_range_softc'
>> mem.o(.text+0x24f): In function `memioctl':
>> : undefined reference to `mem_range_softc'
>> mem.o(.text+0x25a): In function `memioctl':
>> : undefined reference to `mem_range_softc'
>> mem.o(.text+0x364): In function `dev_mem_md_init':
>> : undefined reference to `mem_range_softc'
>> mem.o(.text+0x378): In function `dev_mem_md_init':
>> : undefined reference to `mem_range_softc'
>> memutil.o(.text+0x3): more undefined references to `mem_range_softc'
>> follow
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM.
>
> This is because your CUSTOM does not have options SMP.  Try adding
> it.
> UP is still broken.  I think a fix for i386 has already been made,
> but amd64 didn't get fixed.

Yes, I did try running an SMP kernel earlier today, but it caused some
problems with my NIC (fxp).  Had to remove DEVICE_POLLING to build for
SMP, and for some reason, I started seeing device timeouts on fxp0.
Strange.

Why is DEVICE_POLLING incompatible with SMP anyway?

As if all this annoyance weren't enough, I'm *still* getting the pcm
timeouts.  Beginning to wonder if that will ever be fixed.

If it weren't for the fact that I really need to be running current to
benefit from the latest amd64 developments, honestly, I think I would
just switch back to RELENG_5_2, or even 4.x.  And if this sound problem
doesn't get fixed, I'm not sure what I'll do.  Switch to Linux?  (yuck)

Yeah, I'm a little disgusted at the moment.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"