Celestica A8440 4-CPU system & Freebsd amd64

Eric Kuhnke eric at fnordsystems.com
Thu Oct 23 07:04:40 PDT 2003

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=celestica+A8440+validated+server+program&btnG=Google+Search

Celestica's A8440 is a 4U rackmount barebones platform based on AMD's 4-CPU reference design.  AMD has chosen Celestica to manufacture it for resale and relabeling by various white box server vendors.  To the best of my knowledge this system has the *only* existing 4-CPU 84x motherboard.

This is the ugly metal looking beast with four SCSI drive bays in the front, and three 500W power supplies in the rear.  The Inquirer and The Register had photos of it back in April, May and June, but I haven't heard much since.

Has anyone had a chance to play with one of these yet?  FreeBSD results?

eric at fnordsystems.com