case for dual-processor Opteron machines

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Wed Oct 22 00:48:16 PDT 2003

Eric Kuhnke wrote:
> The "Antec" cases are also available under a variety of other names, they are
     actually manufactured by:

> http://www.chieftec.com/products/products.htm
>
> Antec's business is importing the cases and putting them in shiny colored car
    dboard boxes...  If you don't mind using the plain brown-box versions and p
    roviding your own power supply you can save quite a few $$$.  :-)

Speaking of Antec, I love the sonata..  Its the first respectably quiet
case I've come across.  Even the fans are mounted on rubber dampers,
the power supply has a special temperature sensitive controller for fans
and a special power supply lead to plug your case fans.  When things heat
up, it speeds up the case fans etc.

Plus, its in a nifty piano-black box with blue LED "headlights" on the
front. :-)

I just wish they didn't punch holes in the side to let more sound out. :-(

> >If you want a shorter case, I have also installed both Tyan K8W (s2885)
> >and MSI-9131 mobos into the Antec SX835II Performance Series II mid-Tower
> >case http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details_enclosure.php?ProdID=80843.
> >Again with the internal 3" drive cage removed.
> >
> >--
> >-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)

Cheers,
-Peter