Tyan GX28 support?

James Van Artsdalen james-freebsd-amd64 at jrv.org
Wed Dec 31 01:37:10 PST 2003

I'm using a Tyan S2885, which appears somewhat similar to this.
FreeBSD has run flawlessly for me - no reboots, crashes or
other headaches.  I'm using FreeBSD 5.2 RC2.

The onboard sATA on the S2885 isn't supported.  The GX28
uses a Promise controller chip that is more likely to work.
I have no idea if the LSI SCSI controller is supported.
It's a BCM5704c ethernet: mine is a 5705.

I'm using 8 GB of memory (8x Crucial part #CT12872Y335)
and a HighPoint 1542 sATA controller.

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:47:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Tyan GX28 support?

Has anyone tested 5.X with a Tyan GX28 1U server?
<http://www.tyan.com/products/html/gx28b2880t1s_spec.html>