What motherboard?

James Van Artsdalen james-freebsd-amd64 at jrv.org
Mon Dec 29 19:22:04 PST 2003

I'm using a Tyan S2885 (K8W) with two Opteron 244 chips and 8 GB of
registered DDR (Crucial Part # CT12872Y335). This is working flawlessly.

I believe the Opteron is the only member of the AMD64 family that
supports multi-processor operation.  A dual-channel DDR memory is built
into the Opteron and it requires registered DDIMs.

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:23:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: What motherboard?

what motherboard do you guys recommend for use on a dual cpu system.
would prefer ddr  non registered memory capability and sata drive support.
  thanks!