kernel compile failure

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Mon Dec 15 09:38:36 PST 2003

Peter Wemm wrote:

> On Thursday 11 December 2003 06:38 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
Hello Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

>>And...
>>In the RAID configuration (I think) it had a Promise SX6000 support.
>>I have the Promise onboard SATA RAID controller.
>>I didn't see explicit Promise SATA support but I know it is somewhere
>>because I and FreeBSD are using it. Is the support coming from the
>>SX6000 kernel option?
>
> The SX6000 is the pst driver above.  It might not be *that* hard to update it,
> but if you ask Soren (sos at freebsd.org) very nicely, he might take a shot at
> it.

Okay.

I have the Arima RioWorks HDAMA motherboard, which is to my
understanding what, sledge.freebsd.org is running.

http://www.rioworks.com/HDAMA.htm

It has the Integrated Promise PDC20319 Serial ATA 4 Ports, Supports RAID
0, 1, 10.

Booting from the CD and running sysinstall the fdisk program recognizes
the drives and the arrays correctly. What kernel module or driver is
handling my controller?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jimmie Houchin