kernel compile failure

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Thu Dec 11 18:43:29 PST 2003

Hello,

I just did a fresh install.

I edited a configuration for my kernel.
When attempting to compile this kernel I get this error.
I could have very well done something wrong in my configuration to cause
this.

/usr/src/sys/dev/pst/pst-iop.c: In function 'iop_intr':
/usr/src/sys/dev/pst/pst-iop.c:196 warning: cast to pointer from integer
of different size
/usr/src/sys/dev/pst/pst-iop.c: In function 'iop_done':
/usr/src/sys/dev/pst/pst-iop.c:417 warning: cast to pointer from integer
of different size
/usr/src/sys/dev/pst/pst-iop.c: In function 'iop_queue_wait_msg':
/usr/src/sys/dev/pst/pst-iop.c:434 warning: cast to pointer from integer
of different size
***Error code 1
Stop...
Stop...
Stop...
#

Also...
When reading the NOTES for configuring a kernel it speaks about a ULE
scheduler for SMP systems.

It says that the BSD scheduler isn't very good for SMP systems. But I
don't find an option for the ULE scheduler. Is it not ready for
primetime on the AMD64?

Is it still okay to use the BSD scheduler for SMP?

And...
In the RAID configuration (I think) it had a Promise SX6000 support.
I have the Promise onboard SATA RAID controller.
I didn't see explicit Promise SATA support but I know it is somewhere
because I and FreeBSD are using it. Is the support coming from the
SX6000 kernel option?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin