Linux emulation status

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Dec 11 09:48:05 PST 2003

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 01:15:05PM +0100, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> So that's a bit of a pain. The linux_base-8 port certainly hasn't been
> updated for amd64 (it claims to be i386 specific). And as long as
> there are still no loadable kernel modules for amd64, kldload linux
> isn't an option either.

I'm starting to think we should make the linux_base-# ports into meta
ports which pull in linux_base_<arch> ports.  At the very least we will
need seperate linux-i386 and linux-amd64 ports for amd64 machines and I
wouldn't be all the suprised to see similar issues crop up on other
architectures which support 32-bit and 64-bit in some way.  (PPC and
MIPS seem like the most likely places this would happen).

-- Brooks