5.2-beta panics after copyright

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Mon Dec 1 00:47:22 PST 2003

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:58:54AM +0100, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > so non-SMP should work again (and hopefully not panic). I'll check it in
> > the morning (CET).
>
> Out of curiosity, why are you running without "options SMP"?

(1) It's not an SMP machine [I realize this argument is weak, since SMP
ought to work on UP machines as well; I once also argued "this machine has
no SCSI drives" and removed device da, with surprising and irritating
results.]

(2) It worked fine without option SMP until sometime after nov. 23rd.

(3) It panics immediately after the copyright banner with option SMP with
a cvsupped tree from nov 30th in the afternoon.

(4) It works fine without option SMP with a cvsupped tree from nov 30th
late at night.

I haven't tried it with option SMP and the latest code, though.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE