alpha/75317: [ata] [busdma] ATA DMA broken on PCalpha

Nathan Whitehorn nathanw at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 7 14:30:14 PST 2006

The following reply was made to PR alpha/75317; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nathan Whitehorn <nathanw at uchicago.edu>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, hadarai at bsd.ee
Subject: Re: alpha/75317: [ata] [busdma] ATA DMA broken on PCalpha
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:24:43 -0600

 This occurs on my 164SX running 6.1-PRERELEASE and can be reproduced on
 6.0-RELEASE and 5.4-STABLE as well. None of the above patches fix the
 problem on 6.0. With ATA drives in the system, and DMA on, machine
 checks occur every few hours at best, every few minutes at worst. With
 the same drives attached by firewire, I haven't had a single machine
 check ever.