SRM compatibility

Ansar Mohammed ansarm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:49:14 PST 2005

Is there a recommended SRM version to use for FreeBSD Alpha?
I have attempted an install on a 6.x SRM BIOS that is failing on kernel load
of isp0 on a PWS 433au. The same system loads NetBSD fine. There is another
guy in hawai who apparently has the same issues.

I unplugged the controller and tried to reinstall on the IDE disks but got
some extremely weird problems such as the sysinstall failing to detect some
ide disks.

In short, rather than solve my current issues, I would like to know if these
issues can be mitigated by an SRM upgrade.

Thanks.