DS20E maximum memory

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Thu Aug 4 16:03:22 GMT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Ulrich wrote:

> Several years ago when the DS20 was new there was a message at comp.os.vms
> which said that the DS20 models all could only access as much memory as if
> they had a 32 bit processor which is only 1 GB I suppose. This message in
> comp.os.vms left uncontradicted so far. Unfortunately I don't know the
> technical details to decide whether this information is correct.

I have been managing a pair of DS20E's here since they came out some five
years ago and we have been running 4Gbyte memory in them all this time.

This is with OSF1/Digital Unix/Tru64 Unix in its various permutations.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS  : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn