KZPCC-CE SCSI controller

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 1 15:15:15 GMT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 02:48:52PM +0200, Jos M. Fandio wrote..
> Hello list,
>
>   I got a DS20E which has a KZPCC-CE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache) SCSI
> controller, it permits hardware RAID 0, 1, 5, 0+1, 0+5 and JBOD
> with hot-spare and hot-swap capabilities.

>  I wonder if this card will work with FreeBSD/alpha, in the hardware
> notes this controller isn't mentioned, but it is in the hardware notes

Probably because I only ever had my hands on the older Mylex-based KZP*
controllers ;)

> for i386 and indeed the asr(4) driver isn't available in the alpha ISO.
> without the asr(4) driver FreeBSD is unable to see the virtual disks.
> is it correct?

Yes, asr(4) is not in the default Alpha kernels.

> will I be able to use this controller with FreeBSD?

Well, I guess you are the first one to try this hardware.  I do
have DS20[E] available in the lab at work, but not this RAID card.

Would be interesting to know if it works or not, then we can go and
add it into the default GENERIC for FreeBSD/alpha install cds.

> 				   vga0.0.0.9.0
>      Bus 02  Slot 03: DPT PM3755

Ah..

--