AlphaServer 800

Phil Brennan phil.brennan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 06:34:58 PDT 2004

Hi, I've only recently started using alphas as we have a few of them
in work which are coming out of production.

Currently I am running RELENG_5 on an alphaserver 800 5/500 without
any problems. I will be rolling it out on a PWS 4/66 as well. If any
one has any patches that they need testing, don't hesitate to contact
me, as these machines are not in production, I can do what I want with
them, and would be glad to help out. I cannot unfortunately offer
remote access to these machines.
I was also wondering if there is are any resources I could look at for
tuning freebsd, especially on the AS 800, it seems to be very slow.
Compared to say, a p3 500, I'd expect the alpha to be a bit nippier.
Any info would be welcome.

Regards,
Philip Brennan