DAC 960 Tools

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Sat Sep 20 10:20:52 PDT 2003

> The required utilities for the DAC960 can still be had, yet they are
> difficult to find

	Would they be at :

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/Alpha/firmware/readmes/v6.5/utility/swxcrmgr/

> The firmware update has never worked for me on the Alpha, better use a
> PC for
> that (Make sure to update to v 2.73 and nothing newer, even on dual
> eeprom controllers)

	Errr. Thats a problem. I have an IBM laptop and the Alpha PC. I don't
have a PC.

> For all the alpha goodies, see
>
> http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/alphant/drivers/index.html
>
> You want this (The configuration utility)
>
> ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/alphant/m-arcapp.zip
>
> Place it's content on an ms-dos formatted floppy and run from the srm

	SRM or ARC?

	I know how from ARC, how do I do from SRM?

	I ran the ARCCF.EXE, which was like an RA200RCU.EXE that someone
else gave me. The problem I have is I can format the disks, but can't
initialize. I was hoping the new firmware would get past this.

> If you need any help, let me know, either privately or via the list.

	HELP!

> For the firmware, see
>
> http://www.lsilogic.com/products/stor_prod/raid/legacy_dac960.html
>
> in particular, you want (x86 binary!)
>
> http://www.lsilogic.com/techlib/marketing_docs/storage_stand_prod/raid/gam/fwpl273.exe

	Got it.

	Put on floppy.

	Ran ARCFL.EXE -d and it tells me there are no Mylex Disk Array
Controllers Found. :( Is this why you said you've never gotten it to work
on Alpha?

	Where do we go from here?!

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.