arla-devel port for FreeBSD (was: Patches to get Arla running on FreeBSD 8-CURRENT)

Alec Kloss alec-dated-1205290157.d7dd21 at SetFilePointer.com
Fri Mar 7 03:15:59 UTC 2008

So I've been kicking arla around a bunch.  Unfortunately, but
probably not surprisingly, I've found that the 20080301 snapshot
seems to lack some of the stability of 0.43 running on 5.5.  Of
course, it'll actually play video and such without caching the
whole file first, which is nice.  :)

Anyway, Tomas, or others, do you have any hints for me about how
best to start diagnosing and maybe fixing issues?  The most
repeatable way I've found to get bad behavior is to rsync -a
/usr/src and /usr/obj into AFS.  After 30 seconds or so of this,
I'll start getting messages like these:

 lockmgr: thread 0xc6970840 unlocking unheld lock
 lockmgr: thread 0xc6970840 unlocking unheld lock
 lockmgr: thread 0xc6970840 unlocking unheld lock
 lockmgr: thread 0xc6970840 unlocking unheld lock
 lockmgr: thread 0xc6970840 unlocking unheld lock

on the console.  Eventually, rsync will block and generally things
will decay.  Overnight, I'm going to script the console while
attempting this with nnpfsdeb almost-all set.  This is, of course,
a lot slower than arla normally runs, but I'm hoping someone may be
able to see the source of the trouble.  I'll post the console
somewhere tomorrow.

Anyway, any hints about debugging arla would be welcome.  Thanks
much.

Alec Kloss  alec at SetFilePointer.com   IM: angryspamhater at yahoo.com
PGP key at http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA241980E
"No Bunny!" -- Simon, from Frisky Dingo