AFS in FreeBSD ...

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Sun Jan 20 21:54:07 PST 2008

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> As Robert has stated in the thread I started last week, he's willing to lend a
> hand with getting the kenrel module *as part of* the kernel, but what does it
> take to get it to that point?
>
> I just downloaded Jason's initial port attempt, but it is almost a year old:
>
>          <http://www.stradamotorsports.com/~jcw/openafs/>

w00t! I contributed! I contributed!

> Has anyone looked at the work he's done so far?  Ignoring the client side for
> now, Jason, what would it take to get your work to the point where Robert could
> inject it into the core FreeBSD system, as opposed to an 'add on'?  What would
> be involved in getting 1.5.x working?

I really don't have much to add to that discussion.  I am no expert.
That my port compiled and fetched tokens was pure luck.  Sorry I can't
be of more help.

If you need a large commercial airplane designed up, I can get that for
you in a hot second. :)

Regards,
Jason